Regent Park Neighbourhood Association launched at its first meeting in May 4, 2017.
During 2016 and 2017, the RPNA Startup Team ran Delegate elections for each building or group of townhouses/houses in the neighbourhood. That process led to 62 Delegates (33 TCH and 29 Market Delegates) representing all 31 buildings/townhouse groups in Regent Park. See the list of 2016 and 2017 building elections below.
At the 1st RPNA Assembly on May 4, 2017 Delegates elected their 10-person Leadership Team, with 5 TCH and 5 Market Co-Chairs:
- Leadership Co-Chairs: Salma Dhanani (Market) & Shahanara Khandaker (TCH)
- Admin / Finance Co-Chairs: Suzanne El-Makkawy (Market) and Gowrey Somas (TCH)
- Advocacy Co-Chairs: Gabrielle Poole-Fournier (Market) & Ibrahim Afrah (TCH)
- Communication Co-Chairs: Linda Peake (Market) & Mia Benight (TCH)
- Community-Building Co-Chairs: Megann Willson (Market) & Ratneswary Loganathan (TCH)
Thank you to Yonge Street Mission, Toronto Community Housing Revitalization Office, and each of the boards and property managers who supported the RPNA election process.
Month: # Delegates - Building
Feb: 1 - One Park West Townhouses
Mar: 3 - One Park West
May: 3 - Paintbox
Sep: 1 - SW Regent Park
Sep: 2 - 40 Oaks
Sep: 3 - One Park Place South
Nov: 2 - 230 Oak St
Nov: 3 - 210 Oak St
Nov: 3 - Oak St Co-op
Nov: 3 - One Park Place North
Jan: 3 - One Cole
Jan: 1 - 736 Dundas St E
Apr: 5 - 19 TCH buildings